Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ayat – Ayat Cinta Movie Review



Last night, I saw Ayat-Ayat Cinta with my close friend. We thought that it was the last day of the show. Then we decided to go. Actually, we wanted to watch its session at 6.45 pm, but unfortunately, because of the rain, we came late. After considering some reasons, we stuck on the plan that we would see it in the next session (wups, it was the first time for me to be in theatre at 9pm session). Then we booked our seats. On the screen, we could see seats arrangement the ticketing person showed us. We saw lots of circles in rows. Most of them were red and the rest were blue. We thought that the red was the unoccupied seats. In fact, it was the occupied one. We just got surprised. How could it be so fully booked seats at 7pm (anyway, it would be started at 9.15pm) it should be an amazing thing I guessed. So we chose the fourth line from the front row in the middle seats (well…it’s just the best seats we could get that night J). Getting the tickets, we moved around. Just to kill the time and to get some snack.

When the show started, we focused on the play. Well, I just got surprise when I heard Cak Nun uttered his melodious sholawat to open the beginning of the first scene. It really touched the deepest side of my heart that I felt eerie as if I was sitting in MAIYAH circle (a kind of gathering we have once a month in Kasihan Bantul.), praising our prayers, with the angels around us spread their wings above us, carrying the prayers to the One our life belong. Then I drifted into the story.

It was like "O My God! This movie is completely fascinating!" I love this movie so much. It’s so human than that in its novel. ‘Cos in the novel Fahri (the main character) is such a perfect person that too perfect to be true. In contrast, in its movie, he was characterized as the person who owned the humanity side, someone who sometimes could do something wrong. It should be like that I think. Coz in fact, a movie is a reflection to the real life, and Fahri in the movie version can make it real. Then the Aishaa’s jealousy, the confusing situations among Fahri, Maria, and Aishaa after their marriage life, Nurul’s emotions when she’s broken heart made this movie nicely tightened and so realistic that I could enjoy it with all my heart.

In short, I like it. I like it so much that I can’t help it not going over the movie again and again. Moreover, Mas Hanung, the director, made the movie vividly. I could see how dark Fahri’s face was, especially his lips which was so dry and moistureless. It really matched the setting there. Then the sound of the desert voice was so noisy that it could convince me so much about the real voice of the dessert should be. I’m impressed by the whole scenes performed in the movie except the last one which showed Fahri and Aishaa walked together on the dessert on their bare feet. Are you sure you can do it on the pretty hot dessert? (Hihihi…maybe they took the scene on Parangtritis beach. Just kidding.)

Then if you haven’t seen this movie, I recommend that you must watch this. That’s for sure, guys.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com