Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Following the Path to My Faith

Here i am today, sitting on my cozy hard pink chair in my bedroom, facing to my computer screen, reading on a text, and translating the content of it. There are 15 pages more which should i finish today. Yeah, little bit tiring actually, but i love it so much, coz its content is absolutely amazing. When i read its every single line, i feel as if i reread HAMKA's Tasauf Modern but it is in a more up-to-date setting.
Yeah, I enjoy reading books related to sufism. and the text i'm translating now is about sufism and Fetullah Gullen's thinking about it. You know then why i like doing it. It's about true love (something which is impossible to express with words, for love is an emotional state that can be understood only by the lover) and the balance between the physical and the spiritual. yeah, it's like a sound momentum when i got this text from my friend. i felt it's a sign from Him to show me how to get closer to Him, 'coz these days i was busy with my own carnal business.

Here is one of the best parts of his words that i like.
"Love makes us forget our existence, and annihilates our existence in the existence of our beloved. It therefore requires the lover always to want the beloved, and thus to dedicate himself or herself, without expecting any retur, completely to the desire of the beloved."

In short, i looooooove it sooooooo much. actually, i still want to write more about it and my feeling on it. unfortunately, i must stop and continue my work. let's see then.


PS: tonight i wanna attend Cak Nun's maiyahan in Bantul. i long for it, and i have missed it for some times. but i'm not sure whether i can come or not. i have a pile of work which hasn't finished yet. oh no.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com